Health Savings Accounts
What is HSaver?
Hsaver is a Health Savings Account (HSA). An HSA is an account you can put money into to save for future medical expenses.
Who can have HSaver?
Any adult can contribute to an HSA if they:
- Have medical coverage under an HSA-qualified "high deductible health plan" (HDHP)
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
- Are not claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
- Contributions to your HSA can be made by you, your employer, or both. However, the total contributions are limited annually. If you make a contribution, you can deduct the contributions on your federal income tax return.