Clear Mountain Bank – Update on Coronavirus Situation
Posted on: March 13th, 2020
Clear Mountain Bank is closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus situation. The bank has contingency plans in place designed to address the potential impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As always, our focus is on the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities.
Fortunately, up to this point we have not seen any direct impact from this developing situation. We feel it is important to let you know about the proactive steps Clear Mountain Bank is taking to keep employees and customers safe, and share important information with you to help protect yourself.
- There have been no direct impacts on banking operations at this time. Our branches are open during normal banking hours, and customer service representatives are ready to assist you.
- The bank has assembled a pandemic team to continuously monitor the situation to ensure that we continue to meet customer needs and keep employees safe.
- All public spaces within Clear Mountain Bank facilities are being cleaned regularly.
- Employees have been provided with information on how to stay healthy and how to avoid illness through proper hygiene practices. Employees are instructed to stay home when they are not feeling well.
For customers, we recommend the following:
- We encourage you to use online banking and mobile banking options for your everyday banking needs. With Clear Mountain Bank Mobile Banking you can:
- View real-time account balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Deposit checks using mobile deposit
- Pay bills from your mobile phone
- Use Zelle® for person-to-person payments
- Manage your Clear Mountain Bank debit cards
- Open an account
- Apply for a loan
- Remember that Clear Mountain Bank has an extensive ATM network with 24/7 availability. In addition to our local branch locations, the bank offers surcharge-free ATMs at every Sheetz® location and at thousands of MoneyPass® locations nationwide.
- For a list of Clear Mountain Bank ATMs, visit: https://www.clearmountainbank.com/contact/locations/
- For a list of MoneyPass ATMs, visit: https://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.html
- Our customer service representatives are able to help you activate (or help you use) your digital banking services, by calling: 304-379-2265. Customer service hours are 7am-7pm Monday through Friday, 8am-3pm on Saturday.
- Monitor the bank’s website at https://www.clearmountainbank.com/ for updates and information.
- Beware of scams and criminals using fear, trickery, urgency or disinformation related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) to attempt to steal your sensitive, personal or account information. Watch out for strange calls, emails, texts or websites that look like they are coming from legitimate businesses or government agencies asking for information like SSN, usernames/passwords (login info), account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, PINs, etc. Clear Mountain Bank will never request such information through email/text/outbound calls.
- Banks have been weathering economic uncertainty for centuries. Banks are one of the safest places for your money, and remember that deposits at Clear Mountain Bank and other FDIC-insured institutions are insured up to $250,000. If you need additional insurance coverage, Clear Mountain Bank can provide FDIC insurance coverage on deposits up to $50 million through our CDARS and ICS programs.
- Utilize everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clear Mountain Bank continues to monitor the situation using information from trusted sources including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organizations (WHO), banking agencies/regulators and state/local health agencies.
Please call 304-379-2265 with any banking questions or if you need assistance with specific banking activities.