Kmart Confirms Data Breach
Posted on: June 7th, 2017
On May 31st, Kmart confirmed a data breach that may have affected anyone who used a payment card to make a purchase at an unspecified number of Kmart’s 735 stores in the United States. It is not believed that the breach affected anyone who shopped online at kmart.com. It is also believed that only certain credit and debit card numbers were compromised, and that no personal identifying information (including names, addresses, social security numbers, and email addresses) was breached.
Kmart has not specified how many of its stores were impacted by the breach, or for how long the breach may have persisted. If you have used a debit card, credit card or gift card at a Kmart store, please be sure to monitor your account activity closely for fraudulent transactions and report any transactions that you did not initiate to the financial institution that issued your card.
Clear Mountain Bank has fraud security in place and we are monitoring the situation closely. Even though we have fraud monitoring security in place, we strongly encourage Clear Mountain Bank customers to monitor their Clear Mountain Bank Credit Card and Debit Card activity.
• To monitor Clear Mountain Bank Debit Card activity, please go to www.clearmountainbank.com and log in to your Online Banking account, or monitor your activity within Clear Mountain Bank’s mobile banking app.
• To monitor Clear Mountain Bank Credit Card activity, please go to www.mycardstatement.com and log in to your account.
• To monitor Clear Mountain Bank Prepaid-Debit Card activity, please go to www.clearmountaincard.com or call 1-800-416-6373.
• To monitor Clear Mountain Bank Gift Card activity, please go to www.clearmountaingiftcard.com or call 1-800-554-2707.
• Clear Mountain Bank also offers additional ways to monitor and control your Clear Mountain Bank debit cards with our CardValet and Mobile Banking apps. Either of these apps can be used to set geographic and transaction limits on your cards, and also receive various types of transaction alerts:
• To learn more about CardValet, visit https://www.clearmountainbank.com/personal/check-credit-cards/cardvalet/
• To learn more about mobile banking visit https://www.clearmountainbank.com/personal/mobile-banking/manage-your-debit-cards/
If you notice any fraudulent activity on a Clear Mountain Bank credit or debit card, please report it as soon as possible by calling your local Clear Mountain Bank branch, or call (304) 379-2265.