Which Clear Mountain Bank cards are eligible for Apple Pay™?
Clear Mountain Bank personal Visa® credit and debit cards, as well as business Visa® credit and debit cards, can be used with Apple Pay.
What devices can be used with Apple Pay?
- In Store purchases can be made at participating merchants using your iPhone 7, iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and Apple Watch.
- Mobile “In App” purchases can be made using your iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad® Air 2, iPad mini 3.
How do I add my credit or debit card to Apple Pay?
- It’s easy to add your Clear Mountain Bank debit and credit cards to Apple Pay. Simply open the Passbook app on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.1 to get started.
- Apple Watch users can add cards to Apple Pay by opening the Apple Watch App on their iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c running iOS 8.2 or higher.
- If you already have a Clear Mountain Bank debit or credit card on file with Apple iTunes®, you can quickly import it into Apple Pay by entering the security code on the back of your card.
- To add a Clear Mountain Bank debit or credit card that is not in iTunes, enter your card information manually or hold your eligible iPhone over the card and use the device camera to capture it automatically. Apple Pay will verify the card with Clear Mountain Bank before the card is ready to use.
- For more information concerning card setup for Apple Pay, please click here.
Why am I being asked to verify my card?
For security purposes, you may be asked to contact us to verify your card when adding it to Apple Pay. This is done to confirm your identity and protect your personal information.
How do I set my Clear Mountain Bank card as my default card to pay?
Go to Passbook in your iPhone General Settings to set your default card.
How do I make a purchase using a card other than my default card?
To use a card other than your default card, simply tap on the stack of cards at the bottom of the Apple Pay screen. This will allow you to view all the cards available in Apple Pay. Select the card you would like to pay with and use Touch ID™ to complete the purchase.
Will all merchants accept Apple Pay™?
No. Not all merchants have adopted this technology. Please continue to carry your physical cards to use where Apple Pay is not accepted. Most merchants will display the contactless payment symbol to let you know they accept contactless payments.
What should I do if I lose my card?
It’s important to report a lost or stolen card immediately. We will close your card and issue you a new card. Once you receive your new card, you will need to re-load it into Apple Pay.
To report lost debit cards, call (304) 379-2265 or after-hours call 1-800-472-3272. To report lost credit cards, call 1-800-423-7503.
What should I do if I lose my Apple® device?
- While we hope your phone is never lost or stolen, it’s a good idea to download Apple’s Find My iPhone app before that happens. You can use the app from your iCloud account to quickly place your device in “Lost Mode” so your information is not accessible, or you can remotely erase your iPhone. Please note that the Find My iPhone feature must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
- If you can’t download the Find my iPhone app or can’t disable Apple Pay using your iCloud account from another device, call us at (304) 379-2265 and let us know that you lost your device. We will be able to remove your Apple Pay card information from your phone in order to prevent unauthorized charges. We can only remove Clear Mountain Bank cards, you will need to contact other issuers separately.
- You should also contact your service provider so they can suspend your service.
- We also recommend that you monitor your online & mobile banking transactions. If you notice any suspicious activity, please contact us immediately.
- Click here to learn more about what to do if your Apple device is lost or stolen.
If I erase my iPhone, does that cancel my physical cards or can I continue to use them?
Erasing the information on your iPhone will have no effect on your physical cards. You can continue to use your cards as you normally would. Erasing your iPhone will delete the virtual cards from Apple Pay and they can no longer be used. You can add your credit and debit cards back into Apple Pay at any time.
Why does my card image on my phone look different than my physical card when I load it in Passbook?
Depending on the type of debit or credit card you have, your card image in Apple Pay may appear differently than your actual card. The last 4 digits of your card appear at the bottom of the card in Passbook so you know the correct card was loaded into Apple Pay.
Will I still have access to the same benefits my card offers if I use Apple Pay?
Yes, all the same benefits and protection that your credit or debit card provides will continue to be available. There is no change to your existing card or its benefits.
Will I still earn rewards on eligible purchases if I use Apple Pay?
If you currently earn rewards on purchases, such as with the Clear Mountain Bank Visa Platinum credit card, you will continue to earn rewards for eligible purchases using Apple Pay.
How do I update my card’s expiration date or card number in Apple Pay?
When you receive an updated credit or debit card, delete the card stored in Apple Pay and load your new card.
I have multiple Clear Mountain Bank cards, can I add multiple cards to Apple Pay?
Yes, you can add up to eight (8) eligible cards into Apple Pay.
Can I add the same card on multiple devices?
Yes, you can add the same card to Apple Pay on multiple compatible devices.
What are the transactions appearing under my card in Apple Pay?
Apple Pay displays the most recent purchases made with your card used in Apple Pay on your particular device. To turn this feature off, go to Settings on your Apple device, select Passbook and Apple Pay and turn off Card Notifications.
Are there any fees for loading my Clear Mountain Bank card into Apple Pay?
There is no cost associated with adding your card to Apple Pay, although it does require an active data plan. Note that additional message and data charges may apply. Your existing card’s account agreement, terms and conditions, will apply to all Apple Pay purchases.
How do I return a purchase I made through Apple Pay?
There is no change to the process that you use to make a return, but we recommend that you have your device available when returning any items to a retailer.
Can I use Apple Pay outside of the United States?
Apple Pay will work outside of the United States, provided you are shopping at a participating Apple Pay retailer.
Will the new chip-enabled debit and credit cards work in Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay will work with chip cards.
How do I remove my card from Apple Pay?
- Select the card in Passbook that you would like to remove, then click the info icon in the bottom right corner to view the back of the card.
- Scroll to the bottom of the info screen until you see “Remove Card”.
- Select this option to remove the card from Passbook.