What is Clear Mountain Mobile?
Clear Mountain Mobile is our mobile service that brings banking to your phone. Clear Mountain Mobile allows you to monitor your account from your phone at any time.
Click on any question in the list below to skip directly to that question.
- What can I do with Clear Mountain Mobile?
- My phone doesn’t have internet access. Can I still use Clear Mountain Mobile?
- How do I enroll for Clear Mountain Mobile?
- Are there guidelines for creating account “nicknames?”
- How do I access Clear Mountain Mobile?
- What phones are supported for Clear Mountain Mobile?
- Is software required to be installed on my phone?
- How do I install the Mobile APP?
- Is Clear Mountain Mobile Secure?
- Can I use Clear Mountain Mobile on more than one phone?
- How much does Clear Mountain Mobile Cost?
- Do I need Mobile Web access to use Clear Mountain Mobile?
- What types of mobile phones can I use with Clear Mountain Mobile?
- What types of accounts can I access with Clear Mountain Mobile?
- Is there a wait period after enrolling?
- What do I use for my Clear Mountain Mobile password?
- How do I receive alerts on my mobile phone?
- Can I pay bills through Clear Mountain Mobile?
- Can I set up new payees through Mobile Bill Pay?
- What are the key commands for Text Message Banking/SMS?
Clear Mountain Mobile allows you to:
- View account balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Manage your Clear Mountain Bank debit cards
Yes. All you need is a phone with text messaging.
Clear Mountain Mobile is available to anyone currently enrolled for our SmartLink® online banking service. To sign up for Clear Mountain Mobile, log on to SmartLink, select “SmartLink Options,” then click “Enroll Now” under Mobile Banking Profile. A text message will be delivered to your phone with easy instructions to activate your Clear Mountain Mobile Service.
During enrollment, you are given the option of providing “nicknames” for your accounts. Choosing an appropriate nickname is especially important if you use the SMS text service for Clear Mountain Mobile because your HIST inquiries use the nickname. It’s also included in the account history message returned by the financial institution.
For this reason, this nickname should be as short as possible. There is a maximum of ten characters, and fewer than five is recommended if you plan to use the SMS text service.
An SMS text message can contain only 160 characters total. Using as few as possible in your account nickname helps to ensure that your account information will fit into a single message.
Once you enroll for Clear Mountain Mobile, you’ll receive a text message with instructions on how to get started.
Any phone with text messaging capabilities can take advantage of Clear Mountain Mobile.
No software is required for Clear Mountain Mobile, unless you choose to download and install the optional Mobile APP.
When you sign up for Clear Mountain Mobile, a link is provided to download the APP that is compatible with your mobile device. iPhone, iPad and Android users can also download the App directly from the Apple® App Store or Android® Market.
Yes. A personal password and phone activation code keeps your information safe.
Text banking security:
- View accounts by nicknames you set, not account numbers
- No detailed personal information is sent
Mobile Web and APPS security:
- 128-bit encryption masks your sensitive information
- Password is required each time you log on
- Consumer’s private “picture and pass phrase” are displayed to protect against “phishing”
Yes. You can add phones, change services or cancel at any time for the Clear Mountain Mobile setup screen.
Clear Mountain Mobile is a free service — customers must first be enrolled for online banking. Message and data rates may apply.
No. We also offer Text Banking. Any mobile phone with texting capabilities can instantly view balances, recent transactions, and will soon be able to receive text alerts. Message and data rates may apply.
- Text Banking — Any text compatible mobile device
- Mobile Web Banking — Mobile phones with Internet access
- Mobile App — iPhone, iPad and Android users can install a mobile banking app
Clear Mountain Mobile will provide access to the same accounts that are viewable through online banking including checking, savings, CD’s and loans.
No. Once you’ve enrolled and activated the service, Clear Mountain Mobile is ready to use.
The password used for Clear Mountain Mobile is the same as the password you use to log on to Online Banking. If you change your Online Banking password, your Clear Mountain Mobile password will also change.
Yes. You can now pay your bills that you have already established within online bill pay right from your mobile phone. You must be enrolled for our online bill pay service to access this feature.
Mobile web service is required for this level of service. Message and data rates may apply. Not available with our Text Banking option.
No. You can easily add new payees by logging on to our online bill pay service.
Simply text commands to us at 96924 using our short codes, as follows:
- Text BAL to view your account balances.
- Text HIST + “account nickname” to receive transaction history. You’ll set up your account nicknames during the enrollment process.
- Text BRANCH to receive branch addresses.
- Text ATM to receive ATM addresses.
- Text STOP to cancel.
- Text HELP to receive a list of these commands on your phone.
Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions!
Android® is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.