What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit a check directly into your eligible personal Clear Mountain Bank Account(s) by taking a picture of a check using your mobile device. Mobile Deposit is a feature of our Clear Mountain Mobile Banking App.
What kind of mobile device will work for Mobile Deposit and what are the device requirements?
Mobile Deposit is a feature of the Clear Mountain Mobile Banking App, which is compatible with iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ operating systems. The phone’s camera must have a resolution of 2 megapixels or higher and you must have a wireless data plan with your mobile device carrier.
Who is eligible for the service?
The Mobile Deposit Service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, and enrollment is not guaranteed. In order to enroll, you must have a banking relationship in place with Clear Mountain Bank for at least 30 days. You must also be enrolling a checking account that is in good standing. In addition, certain account types are not eligible, such as Business Accounts, except for sole proprietorship accounts.
How do I enroll for Mobile Deposit?
It’s simple! Just visit our Mobile Deposit Enrollment Page to apply to enroll for the service. If approved, it may take up to two business days for the Mobile Deposit feature to appear within your mobile banking app. After that, you can begin using Mobile Deposit by clicking the “Deposits” icon within your mobile banking app!
Is there a fee for the Mobile Deposit service?
You are permitted to make up to five (5) mobile deposits free of charge during each monthly statement cycle. Each mobile deposit thereafter, for that statement cycle, will cost $0.99 cents. Message and data rates may also apply; contact your cellular provider for information on your mobile contract.
Do I need to be a Clear Mountain Mobile Banking customer to use the Mobile Deposit service?
Yes, and downloading the Clear Mountain Mobile Banking App is convenient and simple. For iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices, simply search for “Clear Mountain Mobile” in Apple App Store or Google Play store, then download the App. Please log into the app using your SmartLink® Online Banking username and password.
Is the service available 24/7?
Yes, Mobile Deposit can be used any time of day, weekend, or holiday. However, deposits received by us after the daily cut-off time for electronic deposits will be processed the next business day, provided that the deposit meets all requirements. Deposits submitted on holidays or weekends will also be processed the next business day, provided it meets all requirements. The daily cut-off time for electronic deposits is 6:00 pm and is subject to change without notice to you.
What steps have been taken for security?
In addition to login ID and password, Clear Mountain Mobile uses multiple security layers, including advanced encryption. For your added security, passwords and actual check deposit records or images are not stored on your mobile device.
Are all types of checks eligible for this service?
Checks must be issued by a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. You may use the Mobile Deposit service to deposit original paper checks that are made payable to the name of the account holder. Listed below are some checks that are not eligible for this service:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you, or to you and another party.
- Checks containing any alteration of which you know or believe to be fraudulent or not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks that are not in original form with an original signature, such as substitute checks or remotely created checks.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark.
- Checks that are postdated (display a future date).
- Checks or items on which a stop payment order has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- United States Savings Bonds
PLEASE NOTE: Any Check that you attempt to deposit using Mobile Deposit is subject to verification by us. We may reject an item for deposit for any reason and will not be liable to you. In such a case, you will need to deposit the item using other means, such as visiting one of our branches.
How do I use the Clear Mountain Mobile Deposit Service?
- Sign in to Clear Mountain Mobile Banking.
- Choose the “Deposits” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “New Deposit.”
- Choose an account, if you have multiple accounts.
- Enter the amount of your check and hit “Continue.”
- You will be prompted to take a picture/capture the front of your check. Make sure your check is clearly visible and include all four corners of the check. Take a picture of your check. If the image is clear, click on “Use Photo.”
- Repeat the process to capture the back of your check. Be sure to endorse the back of the check with your signature and “For Mobile Deposit Only.” Take the picture and if the image is clear, click on “Use Photo.”
- Please confirm your deposit details and if everything is correct, choose “Yes” to deposit your check.
- If there was a problem with your deposit/image, you will see the result “Deposit Failed” and you will need to attempt your deposit again.
- If your deposit did not have any image issues, you will see the result “Deposit Pending.” This means that your deposit has been sent to us for review and verification.
How will I know if my check has been received and posted?
When you submit your Mobile Deposit, it will remain in a “Deposit Pending” status until it’s been reviewed and accepted by us. A successful submission does not guarantee deposit. Pending deposits made with ineligible checks may be rejected during the review process. You should not assume that your deposit will post to your account until you see that your deposit has been accepted, under the “View Deposit History” option in Mobile Banking. If your deposit is rejected during our review process, you will see “Deposit Failed” under the “View Deposit History” option in Mobile Banking.
When will my funds be deposited into my account?
Funds deposited through Mobile Deposit are available the same day if deposited before 5 pm. However, deposits received by us after the daily cut-off time of 5:00 pm, will be available the next business day. Deposits submitted on holidays or weekends will also be processed the next business day. For example – If a deposit is made on Friday after 5 pm, your deposit will be available on the following Monday.
What do I do with my check after it has been posted to my account?
After submitting your deposit, make sure the check is marked with “For Mobile Deposit Only” and store the check in a safe place for 14 days. Upon confirming that you received full credit for the check deposited, you must destroy the check after 14 days by shredding or other means, or clearly mark “VOID” on the front and back of the check. This prevents the check from being presented for deposit another time.
What do I do if my deposit fails or is rejected?
If your deposit fails or is rejected, you’ll need to deposit the item using other means, such as visiting one of our branch locations.
Is there a check limit or daily limit on how much I can deposit using this service?
Yes. There is a per item limit and daily limit of $1,000 or more based on account qualification. If you exceed this limit, you will receive an Error message stating that “You have exceeded the maximum amount allowed for a single deposit/daily limit.”
May I deposit more than one check?
You can only submit one check deposit at a time and each check is considered a separate deposit. However, you can make multiple deposits in a single mobile session, but the total deposit amount cannot exceed the per item or daily deposit limits.
How will I know if there's a problem with my deposit?
You may receive an error message on your device at the time of your deposit, or we may contact you directly after we have reviewed the deposit. If a problem arises with your deposit after it posts to your account, such as a returned check, we’ll debit your account and send a Chargeback Notice to your primary address via U.S. mail.
Can I make a deposit to different checking or savings accounts?
Yes. You can make a deposit to any checking or savings account that you normally access through SmartLink online banking. You’ll be able to select the account for the deposit during the image upload process.
What are some tips to help me take a quality picture of my check?
- Place the check against a dark background.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are visible.
- Make sure the lighting is strong enough to see the check details.
- Take the picture from directly above the check.
- Make sure the front image of the check, including the signature, is clear.
- Make sure the back image of the check, including the endorsement, is clear.
- Make sure the amount of the check is clear and legible.
Who do I call for help?
Please call us at 304-379-2265 if you have any questions or need assistance.